Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Swing, Swing

Yesterday could possible have been one of the happiest days of my life. Finding out that Jack and I were going to have a little girl this January was probably the best news I've ever heard. Being able to see her move around and dance in my belly was absolutely magical. Having my sister there to witness everything with us was incredible. My co-workers surprised me with balloons, decorations, and pink roses which was so much fun to come to work to and I got to start my baby registry!

Unfortunately, all the joy from yesterday does not get rid of the lovely hormonal swings that pregnancy brings. I was talking to Jack today and he described it perfectly. He said to me:

"It sounds like when you are little and want to cry for no reason mixed with the hormonal changes of being an anxsty teenager, but with the problems of an adult"

I don' t think I could have said it better myself. Trying to cope with these emotions is near impossible so what have I been doing to deal with this well I'll tell you!

  • Uberhumor.com like I said it can always bring a smile to your face and make you laugh it's really great for bad moods.
  • Pinterest. This is great for many reasons it can keep your mind off things by looking up wonderful things to do with your new baby. New ways to decorate your home, new things to cook, clothes you'll want to buy after your baby is born, and an adorable section of cute puppies and kittens.
  • Pandora musical therapy always helps. I choose a variety of stations that range from 
Michael Buble because who can resist that voice 
a relaxation station to calm my nerves
Bruno Mars, because he's super fun
classical music just always sounds so pretty
Vanessa Carlton to remind me of my fun teenage days.
  • Creating my baby registry  helps remind me of why these hormonal changes are so worth the joy that I will soon hold.
  • Exercise!! Most important there's nothing that helps better than exercising, unfortunately, at work there's only so much I can do so I am limited.
  • This blog always helps get my feelings out and relax a little bit
  • Ice Cream (or any sweet) because, well obviously this one needs no explanation.
While these solutions aren't complete hormonal cures they do help get your mind off things and keep you distracted. I'm already feeling better just talking about them!

1 comment: