Monday, August 27, 2012

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner for 975 calories!

So I know that I stated I would post what I've been doing for my actual meals this weekend, but my weekend turned out to be a little more hectic than originally planned. Anywhoo, here we are,  now I would love to give you each recipe that I make that is under 600 calories, but that would make for a very long blog entry and I wouldn't have as many things to write about in the future. I will give you a couple examples of the meals that I eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and from this week forward I will try to add in a recipe or two of some of my favorite meals!

I first want to mention a wonderful blog that I am subscribed to http://www.eat-yourself-skinny.com/ This girl has some of the most delicious low calorie meals ever. I want to try and make everything on her recipes list, because it all looks so delicious. I made her mac and cheese with cauliflower that is less than 400 calories (yes you heard that right mac and cheese for less than 400 calories!) Jack agreed that it was the best mac and cheese he ever had. I highly recommend this blog for any one looking for low calorie meals.

Besides this blog I pretty much scour the website for low calorie recipes I search pinterest and my all time favorite allrecipes.com. The great thing about allrecipes is you can search for a specific thing, like say you're searching for chicken breast recipes you can go into advanced search and say that you want recipes that are low fat, low calorie, or low carb. It's a really helpful tool that I have found some amazing recipes with. 

So let me first start with breakfast I know that it is supposed to be the biggest meal of the day, but I just can not force myself to eat a huge breakfast I'm never hungry and I usually don't have time. BUT breakfast is extremely important so I make sure to get in something. My breakfast is usually just a bowl of chex cereal and sometimes an english muffin with butter. BUT the best part about this is chex and many cereals contain a good amount of iron, protein, fiber, and are low in calories. This meal provides me with 2g of fiber, 7g of protein, 45% of my daily iron, and 25% of my calcium. All of this for only 175 calories!

My two most common lunch meals are spaghettios or a bowl of Campbells creamy tomato soup. Not only are these both extremely cheap, a can of spaghettios costs .99 cents and the soup is $1.50, but they are both low in calories and high in nutrition. A can of spaghettios is 340 calories, 6g of fiber, 12 g of protein, and 20% of your iron. The soup is 320 calories, 20% of your vitamin C, 6g of fiber, and 6 g of protein. Both these meals are great, because they are very filling due to the high amounts of fiber. As long as you pack some of the healthy snacks I mentioned in my previous post you are set for the day!

After both these meals you still have 975 calories left for dinner and snacks! This is if you are on a 1,500 calorie diet which is what myfitnespal.com recommends for somebody who is working out at least 30 minutes a day and trying to lose 1-1.5lbs a week. 

I have so many great meals for dinner with wonderful recipes that range from 450 calories-650 calories. A very important part of dinner is adding in at least one vegetable and eating all of it first so that way you are less hungry when eating the higher calorie part. My favorite meal for dinner is my ronzoni smart taste pasta with classico four cheese tomato sauce. It's very easy to make and provides a low calorie, healthy meal. This meal has only 420 calories, 13 g of fiber!!. 70% of your calcium, and 14 g of protein. 

So there you have it my favorite combination of breakfast lunch and dinner. These three meals together have only a grand total of 975 calories, which leaves plenty of room for snacks, juice, milk, and ground beef if you want to add it to your pasta for more nutrition and taste!

Later on this week I will post one of my favorite low calorie meals. I have a lot hidden up my sleeves so I will do my best to share more of those with you!

1 comment: