Thursday, August 23, 2012

Crafting To do's

So as you all know from the last post, this week has been very stressful for me, but thankfully we have managed to successfully clear all the hurdles and we are back on the path of righteousness. Now I only have to get rid of the anxiety that has taken the place of my stress. As I approach closer and closer to my due date I get more and more nervous about everything, Am I going  to be a good mom? How am I going to do this? Are we going to be able to afford it? etc. etc. I have been overcoming these anxious feelings and fears by planning, and a lot of it. I can't exactly plan what I will do during my days of maternity leave since I don't know how Mariah will be and what I will have time for, I have spent my time planning her nursery. 

Jack and I just purchased her bassinet which she will sleep in in our room so it's not exactly going to match her nursery decor, but it is absolutely adorable. 
It has a nightlight in it, it vibrates, and has storage. If you look closely you can see little Leia in the bottom rebelling against us as she was not allowed to go in the top so she decided to make herself at home in the storage compartments. 

For the nursery I have BIG plans that I'm very excited about. Since her middle name is going to be Rose the entire bedroom will be a vintage rose theme. 


This is the bedding I have picked out and the room will be based on this. Her bedroom is already painted a sage green so we lucked out on that one and it is the perfect size for a nursery. I have spent a great deal of time on Pinterest planning crafting projects I want to get started on. I have already chosen a lamp base and I wanted to make my own lamp shade as I think the one that matches this bedding would be a little too much. This is what I've picked out.


Something like this but the lamp base would be white the shade would be light pink and the flowers would stay this color. This is probably the first thing I will get done as it looks the easiest as long as I can find the lamp shade that I want. 

I really want to hang her name over the crib and I've looked at many ways to do this.

DIY pearl Wire Letters from Martha Stewart

These letters are the ones I just can't get enough of and they look easy enough except for getting the wires to bend like that. I think that may prove more difficult then I'm hoping, but I just can't get over how pretty this looks. 

These will be the two things I start with as soon as I get some extra cash to pay for the materials. So keep your eye out for the soon to follow blogs of how I made these crafts!

No comments:

Post a Comment