Saturday, August 11, 2012

Stuffed Pizza

Jack and I decided to have a quiet day today; got the house clean, watched a couple of movies, and relaxed.          Since we had some free time this evening we decided to spoil ourselves and make stuffed pizza. This is a recipe I discovered on allrecipes.com and it is sooo yummy. It is apparently very famous in Chicago and is usually called Chicago stuffed pizza or Chicago pan pizza. It's very easy to make and won't take you more than 20 minutes in prep (unless you decide to make the dough yourself) You can put whatever you would like inside the pizza it all depends on what you like. Jack and I chose to fill it with:

Mozzarella cheese, pepperjack cheese, parmesean cheese, feta cheese, pepperoni, bacon, jalapenos, onions, garlic, and green peppers. 

You start off with the crust, we buy pre-made dough from the store and roll it out. 



We didn't have a rolling pin so Jack filled a 40oz beer bottle with warm water and it actually worked quite well.

Next you lay the crust in a baking pan like so:


and then add sauce


Mix the ingredients in a bowl


And then fill the pizza


I forgot to mention you want to roll out two pieces of dough one for the top and one for the bottom. Take the second piece of rolled out dough and cover the filling.


Then add sauce and cheese to the top.


Put it in the oven at 375 degrees and bake it for 20 minutes. Woalah! you are done!


Today's thing to be happy about is going to be dessert, because dessert is delicious. I was never a huge fan of sugary treats until I got pregnant and now I am addicted. On Friday my co-workers got me this cake! and this is what Jack and I will be enjoying tonight.







2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys got to enjoy the pizza! Sorry I was so lame and couldn't make it down there today :/
    - Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're never lame Megan. And plus now we get to make it again yaaaaay!

    ReplyDelete