Monday, January 28, 2013

Being a mom

This weekend Jack and I were able to go down to Vermont with my mother and Annie so that Mariah could meet her Great Grandma and some of her Greant Aunt's and Uncles. We had such a fabulous time I can't even explain how wonderful it was to get out of the house and relax. It was so special watching my grandma with Mariah too it really touched me.

      

      

We also managed to get some shopping done at the outlets. My wonderful Aunt Cathy bought me some new dresses which I desperately needed. I currently don't own any clothes besides sweat pants and tights that fit and since I'm starting week in two weeks I really needed some work clothes. I definitely plan on posting pictures of those outfits in the very near future.

While in Vermont my Aunt Kathy said that she was surprised that I wasn't very nervous or frantic and I was a very relaxed mom. I explained that I'm really not and that I honestly felt like it was a little weird as most mom's are usually so anxious. She then said to me "Well I think it's just because you were born to do this you are a natural" As soon as she said this a sudden realization came over me. I was born to do this, this is my purpose in life. For most of my life I've felt depressed, awkward, and unsure of why my life was the way it was. As soon as Mariah was born it all fell into place and I finally feel like I am exactly where I need to be and I am doing exactly what I should be doing. I was made to be a mother and I couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment