Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Meal Planning/Pantry List

I started my pantry tracking list and so far it has been wonderful. It took me a little while to put it together, but I definitely think it's going to be worth it. I went through all my cupboards and took out all the foods shelf by shelf. If it was expired I threw it away and if it was still good I jotted it down in my notebook a long with how much of it I had. This process also gave me a chance to clean out my cupboards too which was very much needed. I haven't gotten to the fridge yet, because cleaning out that is going to be a much longer process and I don't know if I'm prepared for that right now.


Here's how I made the excel spreadsheet. I tried separating them into the same categories as the aisles in the grocery store are. If the item is in pink then I have a full container or package if it is in green I have half of a package or less and should probably pick up more. The only thing I haven't figure out yet is how to put each column into alphabetical order, every time I tried the columns would become jumbled so I still have to work on that. I'm hoping that this will be easy for me to update, every time we buy an item I'll add it to the list and if we run out I will quickly remove it until we buy it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment