Thursday, January 17, 2013

2 Week Appointment

Mariah had her two week appointment yesterday and everything looks great! She is finally back up to her birth weight and all my little concerns, probably typical of new parents, checked out fine. It's funny things that happen to her that may be absolutely normal for me kind of give me a slight panic attack. For example this morning she woke up with some boogies in her eyes and my first thought was oh my goodness she's deathly ill. Then I thought about it and realized I was probably completely overreacting since there are no other signs of her being sick whatsoever.

Dad and I also learned a very important baby lesson at the doctors, Never leave the house with out a change of clothes for the baby. We were at the doctors getting her undressed so she could be weighed, took off her diaper and she immediately peed all over herself and her clothes. Not thinking, we have not put in a change of clothes in her diaper bag so we literally had to put just the top half of her footie jammies on and then wrap up her bottom with the blanket we had brought. YAY us! Now we know to always bring a change of clothes, lesson learned.


So Little Mariah is 19 days old, 21.4 Inches, and 8lbs 12oz. I can't believe that in less than two weeks she's going to be one month old. Then again I also can't believe that I gave birth to her only two and half weeks ago. 


Mamma is also doing fantastic. My blood pressure is showing improvement and I have officially lost 30lbs since before birth. I also realized the other day that I am happier than I have been in over 6 years. Not only that, but it has been one year officially since I cured my anxiety and depression wahoo!! Life is pretty perfect and I hope it doesn't change, unless it's for the better of course!



No comments:

Post a Comment