Saturday, January 19, 2013

Stuffed Buffalo Chicken



While browsing pinterest one day I discovered a recipe for stuffed buffalo chicken. I gave the recipe a brief look and decided Jack and I would definitely have to give it a try. We didn't follow the recipe at all, but instead made up our own and it came out absolutely perfect. I'm going to be honest we didn't really measure things out per say, but instead just threw it together.

Ingredients

  • 3 chicken breast
  • celery
  • carrots
  • cream cheese
  • cheddar cheese
  • onions
  • bread crumbs
  • ranch
  • frank's red hot
  • 1 stick of butter
  • garlic
To start we took about 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese 1/4 cup of cream cheese and mixed it together with the celery, carrots, and onions. By making a small pocket in the chicken breast with a filet knife we stuffed the mixture into the three breasts. 

After that we dipped the chicken breast in ranch dressing, covered them in bread crumbs, and put them in a a baking dish. 

The buffalo sauce I used was the same buffalo sauce recipe I made for the "Buffalo Balls". Take a stick of butter, melt it and throw in some garlic. We like to throw in extra garlic, because we are fiends but put in however much you would like. After letting the garlic simmer for a minute pour in a bottle of frank's red hot and stir it. I know a stick of butter seems extreme but don't worry there will be a lot extra!

Take about half of the buffalo sauce mixture and pour it over the chicken and stick it in a preheated oven. Let it cook for about 20-30 minutes or until it is done. After it's cooked put it on a plate and drizzle it with more hot sauce. We served it with a side salad, but the chicken is very filling!

I did calculate the calories, but honestly it's a rough estimate because we didn't measure anything. My basic estimation of what I put into myfitnesspal came up to just under 500 calories so it's really not too bad. 

I apologize for not having any measurements, but put in as much as you'd like. If you want more cheddar cheese add more if you want less don't use as much. This recipe is so good I don't think there's a wrong way to make it,

No comments:

Post a Comment