Monday, January 14, 2013

Life as parents 2

Hooray! Mariah slept for a full 6 hours last night. She woke up at 6:30 to eat then went right back to sleep. Our good luck continues *knock on wood*. My only concern is that because Mariah lost so much weight after birth the nurse keeps telling us that we need to wake her up every 4 hours to feed. I would absolutely love to do that IF my daughter would wake up to feed. When Mariah sleeps there is absolutely nothing in this world that can wake her up. I'm not even exaggerating Jack and I have tried everything and she just snores away. So unfortunately, waking her up so she can eat is just not an option, BUT Mariah eats plenty when she finally does wake up making up for the food she missed.

Also good news is Mariah's jaundice has finally gone away. When the doctors first told us her "billireuben" levels were high (meaning she had jaundice) it was extremely nerve racking, because to me jaundice means liver failure, but apparently it's different in babies? I don't really know, it's what I hated the most I couldn't get any doctors to give me any information on it. They were just like "well it means she has yellow skin and if her levels get into the 20's we have to do treatment and something something brain damage" ummm what could you be a little more descriptive and explain that to me in non doctor language? Naturally my nerves quadrupled when at 4 days old her billireuben levels went up to 18. Thankfully we were able to bring that number down by extra feedings and keeping her in indirect sunlight. Now she is jaundice free so that scare is completely gone.

My blood pressure is also finally starting to go down yaaay! I still have to stay on what Jack refers to as my "old man medicine" but at least it won't be for too much longer.


 In the mean time before I get permission to start working out and Mariah is old enough to explore the world we have been having lots of fun making silly faces together...


-

Turning her into a rockstar...


Awesome photo shoots...


And meeting her Great Grandpa...



No comments:

Post a Comment