Friday, January 11, 2013

My workout routine


I have yet to receive permission from my doctor to start my full cardio and workout routine so in the meantime I have been doing little exercises here and there to get me started. I have been obsessed with my stability ball and have been using it for two incredible core exercises. 

The first exercise is referred to as "The Jackknife" This exercise, if you've never attempted it, is really really hard and it takes awhile before you can get really good at it. I love this exercise because it helps with balance, it works out your core, arms, and legs. I try and do at least two sets of 5 of these. Sometimes 3 is all I can do before I fall off. After doing this for awhile it does get easier I used to be able to do 10 in a row, back at my peak fitness era. 

The next exercise I do is just your standard crunch, but on top of the stability ball. Shown below is a woman doing a full situp, however, I just do a crunch. For these since they are much easier I try and do 2 to 3 sets of 20. When doing these you will notice they are much more intense on your core than the regular on the ground crunch.

Leg lifts are my all time favorite workout for lifting up your bum. I do 30 lifts on each leg once or twice a day. I love these, because they are easy to do when waiting for the microwave to be done or water to boil. I also do 30 for each leg to the front which gives you more of a work out for your legs and your lower abs.


Since I am not able to do a real pushup just yet I do wall pushups. I do 2 sets of 15 everday.


Also, one of my favorite things to do is toe raises while I'm brushing my teeth. I do 60 raises every time I brush my teeth. Not only is it a good work out, but it helps ensure you are brushing your teeth for the full 2 minutes the dentist recommends.

I've been doing this routine for three days and I can actually feel it in my muscles. Most likely due to the fact that I haven't worked out in a couple months. I also want to point out that I do not do all of these in a row. Whenever I get a spare minute I will do a set of one particular exercise. If I have several spare minutes I will do a set of all the exercises. 

So this routine is pretty short it is at least something and something is always better than nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment