Monday, February 4, 2013

New Projects

I realized yesterday that I only wrote one post last week! My sincerest apologies, this was the first week in months that I felt good enough to actually get up and do things so I tried to keep as active as possible. I unfortunately have not been keeping up with my organization duties and really need to get going on that. Since I'm still on maternity leave we have been trying to watch every penny and not spend money on things that aren't necessities (for the most part). This sadly means that I haven't been able to buy things that I want for my organization projects, because of this I've noticed the clutter in my house is getting out of control.

Remember my beautiful desk my boss made me that I swore I would keep organized and clean?? Yup that did not happen. It quickly turned into the spot where Jack and I threw the mail, pens, markers, important papers, etc. YAY Us!



I did manage to buy a letter organizer, however, we haven't been using it. This is my first project that I'm going to work on as soon as I start working again and we have extra cashola. I did buy some cute file folders at wal-mart and one drawer organizer to get started. So *fingers crossed* you should see an "After" picture pretty soon. 

I'm realizing more and more that I am just not as organized and neat as I thought I was or thought I could be, I have a very hard time keeping our house clean. So something Jack and I did come up with is a chore list to keep our house from becoming a complete disaster every week. My goal is to get a white board or chalkboard that lists the chores and we will check them off once they are complete, but for now we'll just have to remind each other. Some of the daily chores will include daily living room pick ups (we have a tendency to completely cover our coffee table with everything we can find) dishes, taking out the trash, and putting away the laundry.  Starting this weekend my mom is having Annie come over once a week to do little things here and there so that she can make some extra cash! I'm really hoping that these things will help keep my house clean on a more regular basis.

My BIGgest project is getting back into shape. I have gained 60lbs since I started dating Jack, including what I gained while pregnant with Mariah, and I am really not pleased with it.  I am dying to get back into shape and start eating healthy again, but to be honest I'm struggling a little okay let's be real a lot. I've started doing my zumba once a day, but I can really only do it for 20 minutes at a time for now because I haven't done cardio in so long. Starting this week I plan to go all out and create a health binder and fitness journal to motivate me. 

I know my blog entries have been very sporadic, but I'm hoping to get better and start some projects I actually finish. Here are some of the things I plan on doing in the very near future. 

  • More healthy recipes
  • The organization of my desk
  • diet/fitness journal
  • closet organization
  • cabinet organization
Keep an eye out and hopefully these will all be coming to you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment