Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Saving money on your groceries.

Hannaford homepage 

So I am so excited to share with you guys that I officially saved some money grocery shopping. It took me some time to get it all together, but definitely worth it. I went online to my grocery stores website and looked at their weekly flyer; I also went to coupons.com and printed off some coupons. Based on what was on sale and the coupons available I created a menu for the week. I made my shopping list on Hannaford.com, printed it out, and wrote down the prices for all the items. Since I had to go to wal-mart to pick up a couple of things I took the list with me and compared all the prices. If an item was cheaper, even if it was just a penny I purchased the item there. Doing this saved me $5.23, which doesn't seem like that much but $5.23 a week is equivalent to $272 a year! That's not all either the coupons I printed out saved me an additional $9.00 and buying the items on sale saved me another $5. In total I saved $19.23, if I saved that every week that's $77 a month  or $999 a year! Totally worth the extra time. I spent a total of $109 on my groceries for the week only $9 more than my budget goal. Needless to say I am very proud of myself.

If your local grocery store has an online website where you can create lists I highly recommend doing this. If you live in Maine both Hannaford and Shaws have this option. Their weekly flyers are on their website as well as the coupons from coupons.com. I want to point out that with the coupons I used I didn't need to buy any extra items. I know a lot of times coupons will say $1 off of 3, the ones I printed were not like this. For example I had one that was $1 off any garnier shampoo, conditioner, or hair product. I already use garnier so I was going to buy it anyway.

Also, I'm so excited because I got my new kicks in the mail today. I was in dire need, the last time I bought tennis shoes was years and years ago. I found these on sale $64 down from $80!



I am so obsessed with them. They are such fun colors and are super comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment