Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Zumba Vs. Tae-Bo

First I want to say how proud of myself I am; today I got up and was planning on doing just 20 minutes of tae-bo and accidentally completed the full 40 minute video. I haven't been able to do that video since months before I even got pregnant. I guess carrying around 8lbs strengthens your muscles a little bit.

So anyways for those of you who follow me on facebook you would have noticed that I've been recently trying my new zumba DVD's that I got for Christmas. For those of you who have known me for awhile you also know that I have always been a die hard tae-bo fan. Here is my take on the two: Caution I may be a little biased because I have been doing tae-bo for 11 years and have only just started out with Zumba.

I'll start off with Zumba because I just started it. First off I love it, it's so much fun to do you hardly notice the time passing by. It's definitely a fast paced workout that has you shaking and moving the entire time. One thing I don't like about it is that I don't really feel it in my muscles very much. After about 20 minutes I'm completely worn out, but I don't hurt in the morning. Now this could absolutely be that I'm just not good enough at it yet and that I'm only on the first video. So as I get better we will see.

Tae-Bo I love it and for some one who has lost 50lbs by doing it before I am a huge believer that it actually works. It is not as fun as Zumba not even close. However, the biggest difference is with tae-bo you can feel every muscle working. It's not nearly as fast paced as zumba and there are a lot of breaks, but your muscles get tired very fast. You will definitely hurt in the morning after tae-bo. There are also a lot of different tae-bo tapes all of them are very good. I am currently using tae-bo amped, I believe that this one is the best out of all for a very good muscle strengthening work out. Adding the bar makes a huge difference to the workout. I also really like Tae-Bo Celebrity Fit; this tape is more fast paced and will wear you out while also wearing your muscles out.


That's my take on the two, I think they are both really awesome workouts but have their own pluses and minuses. I think I like having both, because if I wake up and am in the mood for a really hardcore good workout I can do tae-bo, but if I wake up and am really not in the mood to work out I can do Zumba because it's so much more fun and still an awesome work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment