Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day Weekend!

We had such an incredible Labor Day Weekend, I hope every one else had a great one as well. I had been very depressed the past couple of weeks, because I have been so bored over the weekends. Jack and I typically don't do much since I'm pregnant and am usually too tired to do anything. We normally spend our weekends napping and watching TV, however, this weekend I did not want to do this at all. So we came up with a couple of projects. I wanted to get Mariah's dresser done, it needed to be sanded down and repainted and I was hoping that this would only take at max a day so that I could create a post with the finished project. We started working on it on Sunday and folks it still has not dried. 

When we started, the dresser looked like this:


Now, mind you this dresser is 27 + years old. My mom bought it and refinished it when she was pregnant with my sister then gave it to me when I was a baby. I have been using it since and I thought it would be such a good idea to refinish it again and give it to Mariah. It really needed to be sanded down and re-stained as it had stains and carvings from when I was a kid all over it. After Jack finished the sanding and the painting it turned out like this:

I know it's a little hard to see, but it is very dark which is what I was going for. Now I wanted to write a whole post just about the dresser and I will with step by step of what we did, but we need to actually finish it first. Since it's taking forever to dry that might not be for a couple more days.

On Monday Jack and I decided it would be a fabulous day to take some maternity photos with my sister. Jack wanted to wait until I was showing a little bit more, but I explained that by the time I get much bigger I might not want any photos taken of me so we should just take some now and if I feel like it later we can take them again when all the leaves are changing. Instead of hiring a professional photographer we just had my sister use her awesome camera and went to several places around Scarborough and Cape Elizabeth and were able to get some fabulous photos. I guess we can consider ourselves lucky that we live in such a gorgeous area so every back drop we had was fantastic. Here are some of my favorites!





My sister really did an incredible job we were extremely impressed and happy with how they turned out, and the best part is it only cost $11.52. We got all the prints and that's all we had to pay for. So much cheaper than having it done professionally and we are just as satisfied with the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment