Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Easy Brunch Bake

Realizing how hard it is going to be to cook with a new baby I have been on a desperate hunt for meals that will allow me to cook away from the oven with a baby strapped to my chest. I have found several, but my all time favorite right now is the Easy Brunch Bake. I discovered this on Pinterest, of course, under a pin called 40 breakfast casseroles. This is by far the easiest and most delicious breakfast casserole ever. The best part is you can put any veggies you like in it. We stick to onions, garlic, and spinach and we find it's pretty perfect that way. To make it you will need.

1 pkg of stove top stuffing mix for chicken
3 cups of fat free milk
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed, and squeezed dry
1 cup KRAFT shredded sharp cheddar cheese (we usually add more)
4 whole eggs
4 slices OSCAR MAYER bacon crumbeled (again we usually use about 6-8)

After cooking the bacon you put all the ingredients in a giant casserole dish. This is going to look extremely soupy. You pop the dish in the oven that's set to 350 degrees and cook it for 40 minutes plus. You want the center to be cooked and the top to be brown. 



This is basically just a giant omelette, but the stuffing adds an incredible taste to it, it's like having eggs and toast in one dish!

Another amazing thing about this dish is it's pretty healthy for you too. If you split it up into 6 servings these are the results!

313 calories
16g of fat
2g of fiber
21g of protein
15% of your iron 
48% of your calcium
(If you're wondering where I get these calculations I put the recipes into my fitness pal and it gives me the results!)

My amazing friend Sam also made some good suggestions switching the regular bacon to turkey bacon and using egg whites instead of the whole eggs. The original recipe calls for two eggs and two egg whites.  I switched these things in my handy dandy calculator and the results are amazing!

267 calories
13g of fat
1g of fiber
16g of protein
12% of your iron
33% of your calcium


This is the website for the other 39 breakfast casseroles if anybody is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment