Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Strawberry and Feta Salad with Sweet Balsamic Dressing


Last night I made my very first Clean meal. I found the recipe from Clean Eating Mag and per usual I changed it around to my liking. This is 100% my new favorite salad and my new favorite salad dressing. I've never been huge on salads and I almost never make them at home. In all actuality the only time I ever eat them is if some one makes one for me or if one is automatically given at a restaurant. So for me to prepare this one and eat every last bite means that it must be really tasty.

Ingredients

  • Strawberries
  • Spinach
  • Feta Cheese
  • Onions
  • 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
  • 2 tbs Dijon Mustard
  • 2 tbs Pure Maple syrup


Salad

For the salad I chopped up some strawberries by cutting off the leaves and slicing them into quarters. I added the spinach, feta cheese, and onions. The original recipe includes walnuts and blueberries. I'm not a huge fan of blueberries so I didn't add these, I may try it with the walnuts next time, but I didn't have any.

Dressing

I of course did not measure anything out and just added until it tasted right, however, the original recipe does have measurements. The original recipe also uses honey, but I didn't have any so I substituted with maple syrup. For the dressing I just added the balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, and maple syrup then whisked it together. It was so heavenly I was licking it right off the fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment