Saturday, March 2, 2013

Yearbooks

So I didn't get around to working on any crafts this week :-(. Jack and I did make a trip to Homegoods this morning, but I was reluctant to purchase much because we're not entirely sure where we will be living in the next couple of months. We are dying to purchase our first house which means we will have to save up a lot of money in the near future. We can either A: stay where we are and buy a house in the next year or two B: move in with my parents and buy a house within the next 6 months or so or C: Rent out a slightly bigger place and buy a house within the next several years. We have a lot to consider and some big decisions to make.

 I wanted to share with you guys the photo album I made on Mixbook. When I first found out I was pregnant I really wanted to put together a photo album of every year of her life. I absolutely love the idea of scrapbooking, but frankly I've never been able to get into it, because it takes a lot of time, a lot of space, and a lot of money to get all those little pieces together. I did some research and found a website where you could really personalize your photo albums. You could either design your own or they have decorative templates already made. I fell in love with the idea and got started right away. I started the working on the album in May and finished it in January. It was a little hard getting everything organized and choosing my favorite photos from the year, but it came out amazing.

PS: I really need to get a photo shopping program I hate how my blog photos are turning out.

Front Cover

I love the back cover, I decided to take my fondest memories from the year and list them out on the back of the album.  I plan on doing this for every year on each album I make.

Here's an example of pages I designed myself along with the one below.


This one came predesigned. I am so impressed with how well the photo turned out.


This one and the one below are also examples of ones that came predesigned.


I have a ton of pages in my album and the total came out to be $65. To me I thought this was a great deal, because I know I would have spent at least that if I had done the whole scrapbooking shebang. Sometimes mixbook offers really good deals on these photobooks like a much smaller version for only $10. I plan on doing one of these for every year, I've already started my album for 2013!

1 comment:

  1. Watch out on yipit or other deal sites because shutterfly, etc. run deals all the time :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete