Friday, March 1, 2013

2 Month check up!



Mariah is officially 2 months old today, I can not believe how quickly the time has passed. It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital anxiously awaiting her arrival. Born at 8lbs 13 oz and 21 inches she is now 11.04lbs and 24 inches long. The doctor says she's a little thin for her size and also a little long. Her head is apparently in the 90th percentile for baby girls her age. Seems like she's got a huge brain! The nurse said she is doing very well and has met all her developmental marks. Mariah also got her first set of shots today which made neither her or I happy, I definitely teared up a little bit listening to her wails. She's not a very fussy baby so I'm not used to hearing her cry much at all.

As for me I'm doing pretty well; being back at work has had it's ups and downs. While I love getting out of the house and being productive I miss Mariah like crazy and I have a hard time focusing on work because I can't stop thinking about her. I've also been struggling with my weight loss too, it seems like I lose 2-3lbs every week then gain 5 every weekend. For some reason I have a really hard time keeping my diet and exercise going from Friday-Sunday. This weekend I am determined to change that and see if I can keep the weight I lost this week off. I am, however, extremely excited because since Jack and I have cut down our portions, the smaller amounts are finally starting to fill me up, thank God, I was really tired of being hungry.

I was hoping to post some new recipes this week, but honestly I haven't tried any that were "blogworthy" so to speak. I have a whole slew of different ones to try out during the next couple weeks so you should be seeing some soon. I'm also hoping to get some crafts done this weekend so hopefully you will see those soon too!

No comments:

Post a Comment