Last night I finally tried making my dad's homemade hummus. It honestly turned out pretty good even though both Jack and I had a cold so we couldn't taste much. We also made delicious Quesadilla's filled with spinach, mozzarella, shredded chicken, red pepper, and feta cheese. Both were super easy to make.
- 1 15oz can of chick peas drained liquid reserved
- Tahini a little less than half the jar
- lemon juice to taste (around 1/4 cup)
- garlic powder and onion powder to taste
- salt to taste
- sauteed garlic. We are garlic fiends here so we used a lot, but really it's however much you want.
You'll want to blend everything in a food processor, if you have one, if not you can try using your hands or maybe just a regular old blender. If the hummus is looking too thick slowly add in the reserved chick pea liquid until it's a good texture.
- Tortilla's or pita's
- Feta Cheese
- Shredded chicken* (1 breast makes two quesadilla's)
- red pepper
Place one tortilla on a greased frying pan and top it with all the ingredients then throw another tortilla on top. Wait until the bottom tortilla is browned just a little then flip it over. It only takes about 5-10 minutes for them to cook and they are super delicious. We dipped them in the homemade hummus.
I liked it with the tortilla's, but I think next time I'm going to try it with Pita bread instead.
*we marinated the chicken in a garlic marinade then baked it until white. Using a fork we tore it to shreds! and that my friends is how you get shredded chicken.
PS: Hooray for my 101st Post!!