Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Hittin the Gym

Yesterday a friend commented on my facebook page asking what my routine was at the gym as she saw that I burn 500-1,000 calories at a time. So I wanted to share with you guys what a typical day at the gym has been looking like for me. First off I want to say that all these years of working on my fitness I've been doing something wrong, because I've never had as good of workout as I do now. Let's just say I was pretty lazy before and would give up when things got too "tough". Well not anymore by the time I'm done I feel like I'm going to die, but t feels amazing and there's no greater feeling than driving home after knowing that I actually survived and had an incredible workout. 

So a typical day at the gym for me begins by doing an hour of cardio; I will either do 40 minutes on the elliptical and then 20 minutes on the treadmill walking at a very steep incline or I will just do 60 minutes at the elliptical. When I'm finished I do another 30 minutes at least of strength training workouts, lifting weights, doing crunches, pushups, leg lifts etc. Before I head to the gym I think about how much time I have and I will set a goal for how many calories I want to burn. If I only have an hour I will say I won't stop until I have burned 600 calories, if I have two hours I won't stop until I've burned 1200. 

Like I said on my Facebook page waking up at 4:30 in the morning is really difficult and I haven't been able to not hit snooze at least twice since I started on Friday, but the results have been amazing. I'm already noticing a difference in my body and I have so much energy for the rest of the day it's great. 

I also wanted to share with you guys the lasagna recipe I've been using. Last night we had Jack's brother and sister over so I made lasagna it turned out so unbelievably good. Listing out all the ingredients and directions would take forever so I'm just going to copy and paste the link. I don't put in the sausage and instead just use ground beef. The pasta sauce is the best sauce I've ever had and the recipe makes double what you need so I have the sauce to keep using for more recipes. Tonight I'm making baked penne with it!

Source



No comments:

Post a Comment