Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Getting in Wedding Day shape

Yesterday marked my very first day of my wedding day diet. I am both looking forward to it and dreading it as I am completely cutting out refined carbs and seriously cutting down on sugar; removing entirely sweets and sodas. I am also eliminating almost all processed foods from my diet and eating only fresh made from scratch foods. I'm leaving in products I don't know how to make on my own such as soy sauce, hoisin sauce, mustard, etc. Also a lovely blogger I follow, Kelly from Eat Yourself Skinny, introduced me to Karina and Katrina from Tone It Up who are two beautiful girls that have a wonderful diet plan and fun exercises. I haven't signed up for their program as it's $150, but I am planning on it in the future. Right now I'm simply following their meal plan which includes 5 small meals a day, a morning workout, and an evening workout.

To give you an example of what my typical day will look like, here is today's Plan:

Meal 1: Whole wheat toast with 1 tbls of cream cheese

Workout 1: 30 minute run - Started with 5 minutes of walking followed by 5 minutes of running then 4 min walking 4 min of running and I continue this pattern until I get down to 1.

Meal 2: 2 hard boiled eggs (I eat only the whites as I don't like the yolks when they are hardboiled)

Meal 3: Sandwich on 2 slices of whole wheat bread with roasted chicken, 1 tbls cream cheese, 1 slice of provolone, red peppers, cucumbers, spinach, onions, tomatoes, and sprouts.

Meal 4: Cucumbers and carrots dipped in my homemade hummus

Meal 5: Grilled balsamic bruchetta chicken with avocados (I'll post this recipe another day)

Workout 2: I chose a 30 minute at home workout from my pinterest board

I also want to point out that for every hour I work I spend 5 minutes exercising during the day. So while I'm at work instead of taking a break I just get up every hour and work out for 5 minutes this gives me another 40 minutes of working out and burns an extra 400 calories.

All my meals total to around 1500-1600 calories and I burn about 900 calories. I think it's a great start and I'm really looking forward to seeing the results.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you. This seems like a great plan! Have you selected a wedding date? I am curious about your timeline. I have 200 days until our wedding and will meet with a nutritionist tomorrow in Houston. I am going to try and lose about 20 pounds in 6.5 months. Good for you and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking September of 2014, but I'd like to lose 60lbs in a minimum of a year (5lbs a month) I'd be much happier losing 8-10 lbs though that way I don't have to do too many adjustments with my wedding dress. A nutritionist is such a good idea I really want to meet with one as well as a physical trainer, but all my money is going to need to go to this wedding.

    ReplyDelete