Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Engagement Story



Due to high demand I will post the story a day early! Jack apparently had the whole thing planned for awhile and kept it a huge secret (obviously). Without me knowing he invited several of my friends out on Friday night to celebrate my birthday dinner. I'll be honest I slightly suspected something since he was being so incredibly secretive and for the first time wasn't asking me what I wanted for my birthday. On Friday morning he had my mom take Miss Mariah for the night and told me to make sure I was ready to leave at 3pm. He told me he had rented a hotel for the evening. I texted my sister assuming I would be able to get her to spill the beans about what was going on that night, but to my surprise she had no idea. She said she was going to be painting all evening and that she hadn't heard of anything. She actually got pretty upset at the idea that he might propose and she wouldn't be there. I anxiously awaited for 3pm to arrive and when it did Jack picked me up and brought me to our hotel suite. I rushed into the room expecting there to be roses laid out and the ring to be on the bed, but to my surprise nothing. At this point I had kind of given up hope even more so when we were getting ready to leave and I filled his pockets with everything imaginable, there was no room for a ring in those pockets.




He had a Cadillac come pick us up and still didn't tell me where we were going. We got in the car and I was pretty nervous for some reason. He told the limo driver to take us to the Dry Dock in Portland. I knew that he wasn't going to propose because that restaurant had no special meaning to us. The car stopped and to my surprise my sister was standing outside a long with my good friend Abigail (who last said to me have fun tonight and see you on Monday) and my long time friend Kate Taber. The driver opened my door and I rushed out to meet my friends as I got onto the sidewalk Jack got out of the car grabbed my hand, turned me around, and got down on one knee. I lost my mind I'm not absolutely positive what he said, because I could hardly focus on what was happening, but I know it was something a long the lines of "I should have done this a long time ago" When he pulled out the ring I dropped to the ground.

The reason he chose the Dry Dock is because he apparently timed it so that we would arrive exactly on the dock at sunset and he could propose ocean side as the sun was setting. It was a little hazy out so we missed it, but it wouldn't have mattered I didn't see anything that was going on around me.

We walked into the restaurant and every one cheered for us. It was just what I wanted it to be. I also want to send out a special thanks to Abby, Kate, and my sister for being so good at keeping the surprise and being there for the big moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment