Wednesday, April 24, 2013

We're Engaged!



Happy Happy news Jack Cowie and I are officially engaged and now I can officially start referring to him as my fiancee. On Friday April 19th Jack got down on one knee on the dock in Portland and popped the big question. The ring is spectacular and I can't stop staring at it. I'm so excited to start planning my wedding and  get all my "Future Mrs. Cowie" gear together. So many exciting things to come in the near future; engagement party, bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and of course the big day!

I can't even tell you how excited I am to blog about all my wedding day plans as I plan on doing most of this on my own. I've been researching so many different venues all over New England and to be honest none have given me exactly what I want, or they have except it would be a $20,000 plus wedding. Frankly I'm going to try and plan this whole thing for under $10,000. At the moment it seems impossible, but I am determined.

I have a bunch of ideas for the wedding itself in terms of decor, however, the location I'm still unsure about. I do know that I plan on renting out a very large house in either Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, or the Adirondacks and hosting the wedding outdoors at the property. I've e-mailed over 60 properties since Sunday and have received very few responses back saying they would allow a wedding, but I am determined to find one.

I still can't get over the excitement and am thrilled to be able to share every last detail with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment