Thursday, April 18, 2013

Reduced fat feta foldovers

This is a quick recipe that I came up with a while back for a play date I went to. These were so yummy and addicting, the father that was there ate every last one, Jack was sad I was taking them because he wanted to eat them all, and even those that thought they wouldn't enjoy them gobbled them up. I would definitely suggest making these for your next get together, they weren't that difficult either.

Ingredients

  • Pastry sheets
  • Fat free ricotta cheese
  • sauteed garlic
  • onion powder
  • spinach
  • garlic powder
  • feta cheese
  • parmesan cheese
Per usual I didn't measure anything out as I wasn't planning on making an entry on these, but they came out so yummy I had to. Mix all these ingredients together in a bowl and add a little salt too. Use as much of each ingredient as you think you would like. I looove garlic and feta so I put in a little extra of both. You may want to consider using reduced fat ricotta instead of fat free as it was a teensy bit bland, however, the end result was heavenly so it was fine. 



The pastry sheets you can find in the freezer section at your grocery stor.  I used two sheets and cut each one into four then cut along the fold over lines to make little squares. Wet the edges with a little bit of water, scoop a small spoonful of the filling in the middle, then pull the corners of the square together to make a tip at the top. Place them on a baking dish


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees then let them bake for about 10-15 minutes. Check on them frequently as I let mine cook about a minute too long and they burst open, they were still yummy, but didn't look as pretty as I wanted them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment