Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fluffy french toast

I know I haven't been posting as recently, but frankly I haven't been doing anything new recently. It's hard for me to clean and cook dinner so Jack has been helping me out tremendously with that. He makes dinner every night for us and doesn't complain even once. Last night we did make something new though and it could possibly be my new favorite meal. Fluffy french toast, a recipe I found on allrecipes.com, it was by far the most delicious french toast I've ever had; so delicious in fact that I had to eat three slices. We followed the recipe verbatim, which can be found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/fluffy-french-toast/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e11=fluffy%20french%20toast&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

The ingredients are as follows:


  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 cup milk
  • a pinch of salt
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • thick bread (we used texas toast bread from the bread aisle and it worked amazingly)
  • syrup of your choice
  • powedered sugar
To cook it you simply dip the bread in the mixture then throw it on a griddle or frying pan; it was that easy. By far the fluffiest and tastiest french toast. We topped it off with syrup, powdered sugar, and whip cream. Can I say heavenly? cause that's what it was. We also served it with a couple strips of turkey bacon to ensure I was getting some protein for the day.





No comments:

Post a Comment