Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Christmas Stockings!

When my sister and I were children my best friends Grandma sewed us these wonderful decorative stockings that we still use today. Last Christmas I decided that I was going to try and make the same ones for my new family. I bought a stocking kit for Jack and one for me. I started Jack's last year in the hopes to finish it by Christmas that year, however I had no idea how long it would actually take me.  . Here is a picture of what Jack's is supposed to look like. You can purchase these at Amazon for anywhere between $17-$30.


I thought this would be perfect for Jack since he loves golfing so much. When I didn't finish it last year I basically gave up on it, but now with Christmas around the corner, a little pressure from Jack, and some serious pregnancy boredom, I decided to pick it back up again. Here's what it looks like so far:


Not exactly like the picture and besides the drunk reindeer I think it looks pretty decent for being my first one. It definitely needs some touch ups, I need to sew on the last few pieces, and the back. It should be done for Christmas and I'm kind of excited to see what the finished product looks like!


No comments:

Post a Comment