Wednesday, December 12, 2012

37 Weeks!

So today reaches a huge milestone in pregnancy I am officially 37 weeks, which means that if the baby is born any day after today she is considered full term. Unfortunately, since Saturday I have been in a lot of pain and went to the doctors yesterday. After hooking me up to the contraction monitor it turned out I was having small contractions, but not enough to say I'm in labor yet. My problem though was I have been having severe cramps that are pretty much continuous and keep me up at night. My doctor sent me to get an ultrasound just to make sure that everything was alright and everything was great baby is completely healthy!! However, little Mariah is already 7lbs and is very very low most likely why I have been experiencing the cramps.

Due to my pain I have been trying everything to try and induce labor naturally some of these things are actually quite hilarious. My favorite, and Jack's too is getting down on all fours and shaking my bum. I am not sure how this can put you into labor, but I read it online so I had to try it. I also read eating Chinese food can help so I have ordered Chinese food three times in the past two days. Balsamic Vinegar is also said to possibly put you into labor so last night I took two shots of it, this is something I do NOT recommend. I won't mention the other things just to keep my blog PG, but I'm pretty sure every mother knows. I have also tried the pressure points on the web between your thumb and pointer finger and on the inside of your calf. So far nothing has worked, obviously, since I'm typing this blog entry and not in labor. I really wanted to go into labor today, because I mean come on how cool would it be if she was born on 12/12/12. I sadly do not think this is going to happen.

I haven't had that many unusual cravings through out my pregnancy, but recently they have been a little crazy. Unfortunately, my biggest craving is for soda I don't know why, but I can not get enough of it. I try and stick to only one glass or two a day. My other craving is for crazy bread from Little Ceasars I have eaten it every day for the past week it's getting to be an issue.

So currently that is my exciting and slightly hilarious life for the time being. Let's just say I'm pretty desperate for Mariah to be here already!

No comments:

Post a Comment